Ideal candidate will have experience with: application/process equipment knowledge (mixers, sifters, screeners, mills, material handling, etc.)
Global manufacturer of processing equipment to the Industrial and Sanitary markets seeks a Regional Sales Manager Chicagoland. The Regional Sales Manager is a field sales role designed to enable organic growth through driving key relationships with new and existing accounts in the Food, Pharma and Beverage space.
Collaborate with sales, management, and the technology team to qualify customer requirements and opportunities, and promote the sale of capital equipment sanitary processing products.
- Provide strategic plan and quarterly forecasting for area of coverage.
- Daily interaction with customers to develop project requirements and equipment specifications.
- Become a technical expert on the application of the equipment in different industries.
- Provide information, including specifications and test results, to the Tech Team for quotation.
- Work directly with the customer when on-site testing the application of the equipment to meet the customer’s process requirements.
- Qualify prospects and projects, with assistance and guidance to the Teach Team for formal customer RFQ’s.
- Travel to customer’s site to see equipment in operation, meetings, and aid in trouble shooting if required.
- Attend client meetings, sales presentations, trade shows as required.
- Overnight travel may vary on region
Aptitudes and Abilities:
- Able to manage multiple projects while still paying attention to detail on each project.
- Ability to motivate and work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to mine for and qualify new leads and prospects.
- Ability to strategize and plan the execution of territory sales and efforts.
- Five (5) years of experience in the capital equipment industry in a sales or lead sales role.
- Experience selling a product that requires some technical understanding
Qualifications – Education:
- BS Degree
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Salesforce.com or other CRM system experience is preferred
- Base salary + bonus + full benefits