StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
Our client is aggressively recruiting a Program Manager position.
We are looking for an experienced (Engineering) Program Manager, working predominantly with customer design Engineers and their own Program managers for early end design engagement. This role involves deeper knowledge of products, processing technology, design and performance requirements to engage in interactive dialogue with the key cross functional resources within the customer teams to formulate a tactical level project plan. Critical aspects of the job function involves extensive interaction with internal teams to gauge and intuitively understand capabilities and limitations, and the ability to solve complex problems and bring to visibility critical issues management so they can be addressed at a higher level in a timely manner.
This position will require primary interface with the customers, it is also incumbent upon an individual in this role to understand and provide strategic guidance to both management and internal teams.
An ideal candidate will have demonstrated successful start to finish accomplishments of key strategic programs that have resulted in onboarding a new customer or bringing additional revenue streams to the company.
Mandarin speaking knowledge is a strong plus for this role.
Other Key Responsibilities
- Formulate, organize and monitor project execution tasks and schedules which will involve Gantt charts with the use of available PM tools such as PERT/CPM metrics
- Meticulous attention of detail and to comprehend customer asks and translate them into internal executable actions with specific assignments and due dates are a critical requirement on this role
- Maintain an active Action Tracker for all tactical communications between the company and customer and send timely status updates with executive summary
- Evaluate quotations and provide timely assessment on target costs versus actual to both internal tactical team and management
- Understand the organizations competitive landscape and strategic positioning within the customer to maintain a high level of credibility and integrity on our deliverables.
- Technical and engineering problem solving abilities either directly or working through internal teams is a critical responsibility.
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (English and Mandarin)
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- An Engineering degree of Diploma.
- Travel to the customer site for face to face meetings will be required. Occasional travel to various factories overseas will also be necessary from time to time.