|Overview of Sales Engineer |
Our client, a major player in the custom products manufacturing arena, has asked Sterling St. James LLC (www.sterlingstjames.com) to help them source, screen, and qualify candidates for the position of Sales Engineer. We are seeking an Industrial Engineer who is interested in the exciting possibility of rerouting his or her educational background and manufacturing experience to not one but three different operations located in three different states. As Sales Engineer you will assist the sales organization as well the company’s numerous customers in all technical aspects of the company’s selling and marketing initiatives including product design and development. You can reside in any of the company’s three locations you choose to. Two are in the Midwest and one is in the Southeast. From time to time a corporate airplane will help you in your intra-company travels.
Since 1947 our client has been dedicated to making lives better by manufacturing a wide variety of products here in the United States for our country’s medical, fire & safety, industrial, and government defense markets. With over 400 employees and dynamic leadership, the company is growing dramatically, setting sales records in each of the past five months in a row. Our client’s culture of thorough training, continuous improvement, and financial success ensures an exciting career opportunity for years to come. As it did for a predecessor, your exposure to all three operations puts you in an excellent position for corporate advancement.
|As Sales Engineer, your responsibilities will be to… |
These skills and abilities are also required...
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand new, existing, or prospect customer requirements and provide sales support on technical issues.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospects.
- Participate at the initiation phase of new product lines to assist in design for cost-effective, high quality manufacturing at multiple manufacturing locations.
- Gain and maintain expertise in the company’s industry and serve as the 'go-to' authority for customer design and engineering challenges on new and existing products, working in close conjunction with the sales department to maintain key customer relationships.
- Assists designers in estimating equitable standard production rates through time studies, past experience with similar operations, or other methods.
- Measure variances to production standards, identify out-of-control variances, investigate, suggest solutions, install and follows up.
- Help manufacturing investigate and install most effective production methods to keep company at competitive edge at all times.
- Work as a liaison between Production, Product Development and Quality to ensure DFM, DFA and APQP principles are integrated into all new products early in the design and development phase.
- Search for new materials, processes, procedures to enhance and improve products.
- Analyze, justify costs on production equipment required for new product launch and coordinate implementation.
- Represent the company's position and interest effectively in dealings with customers and suppliers, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Gain a complete understanding of the manufacturing processes in all three facilities.
- Achieve a thorough knowledge of the supply chain manufacturing processes while working concurrently with the sales teams to understand customer needs.
- Travel to customer meetings, other Polo facilities, and suppliers as required, which can be up to 40% or more during our customer's peak seasons, often via the corporate airplane.
Preferred educational background...
- Communicate with associates, business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Convey a positive and professional image to customers and associates.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic proficiency creating models and assemblies using Parametric Solid Modeling software such as Creo or SolidWorks.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Possess sound knowledge of engineering theory, advanced math, statistics, design criteria.
- Familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes, material selection and product testing in addition to sketching, layout and drafting work.
- Capable of functional guidance for administrative support and needs.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, stay organized and perform accurately.
Our client offers a benefits package that will get even better...
- B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Up to 3 years of experience as an Industrial Engineer for a manufacturing company.
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Healthcare (medical, dental, Flex spending)
- Vision program
- “Well-Being” program with free annual Biometric Screening, Flu Shots, Prizes, Awards
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000/year
If you believe you are qualified and want to be considered for this premier position, send your resume as an MS Word attachment for immediate review.
This is not a traditional manufacturing position. If you are ready to exchange the repetition and tedium of so many jobs out there for an exciting variety of new challenges … If you are a pro-active individual wanting to do work that is appreciated by management and fellow workers alike…If you desire the chance to be a creative problem solver and become a real contributor to the growth of your company… take a hard look and send us your resume. This is a great place to work!