Director - Sales & Marketing
As Director of Sales & Marketing, reporting to the divisional VP - Business Manager, you will be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs. The position is open due to promotion.
This well-establish company, with origins dating back 100+ year, currently manufactures industrial filtration and water treatment systems. They are aggressively targeting growth through new product development efforts and an expansion of the customer base. Historically, in this business segment, a portion of the product line is “recession proof” critically needed “after-market" supplies sold to the electrical power generation industry but they have also identifies growth opportunities in related markets. In parallel steps are being taken to upgrade the product development team and further optimize the production plants to take advantage of new business opportunities.
There is a full relocation package is available to facilitate the best possible hire for this critically important position. You’ll live in either Wilmington/ Glasgow DE - OR - Newark NJ to facility excellent communications with senior management and the Product Development Team.
As Director, you’ll manage the sales and marketing teams and lead activates in business development, forecasting, market research, packaging & branding, and new product development. Expect 30 - 50% travel with overnight trips, some international, but most travel will be in the USA East of the Mississippi River.
- Develop and manage the sales and marketing plans, budgets, and staff to attain a satisfactory market share and profit /loss ratio.
- Sales Team Management: Direct sales forecasting activities, manage a sales team, and set performance objectives; establishes sales territories, quotas, and distribution channels. Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Completes the period sales reports including areas of proposed expansion.
- Focus on growth through new business development and product development to meet customer needs; directs product development R&D activities.
- Meets with key clients and participates in customer site visits, relationship building, and negotiations / closing deals.
- Marketing Director: Oversee market research, advertising, and marketing activities adjusting strategies to meet the changing market conditions. Takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives.
- Contribute to product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategies with an eye to maximizing long term market share and consistent company branding.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications maintaining a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Attend conferences and trade shows while maintaining professional relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners.
- B.S. in Engineering, Chemistry or other technical degree
- Experience developing ion-exchange resins or selling high purity industrial water treatment systems that use iX technology. The successful applicant will definitely be familiar with condensate polishing systems, and etc.
- 10+ years of sales and marketing of chemicals and equipment with a progression into management
- 5+ years of calling into the Electrical Power Industry; best if Nuclear power
- Experience managing a sales staff, setting goal and objectives.
- Experience with market research, marketing materials, banding and packaging.
- Sale of Equipment (SOE) experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated business acumen and excellent communication skills